Not really. Just me. Although I do have that
I realize that I haven't written a blog post for my own site in forever. And I'm sorry. I wouldn't normally apologize but when I went to sign into Typepad just now, the login tried to guilt trip me (see pic). Now I feel terrible.
Not to worry though. I have tons of things to report:
1. Last night's Duran Duran cover night/fundraiser was premium. I got a poster for my troubles which I believe was designed by the dude that used to write for everythingisdumb, which site I used to lurk/read/be amused by when it was still active. If the archives were still up, I'd link, but they're not.
2. Since we're old and can't stay up to watch those late night shows, our recent addition of DVR in our household has brought the wonderfully fabulous Metalocalypse to my life. I love it so much, I could watch it all the time. Perhaps it's the brief time I spent in Norway, but I have a crush on Toki. Yes, I know he's animated. What's your point?
3. We went to Trivia this week after a really long time away. Almost the entire staff was new and I think all the other teams were new (to us). We still won based on Beard Boy's awesome ass-rock repetoire. There was another team that was pretending like they knew it all, but they only got 8 out of 20 points. I can't believe I was afeared for our win. They didn't even know the Poison song and I even knew that one. BB cleaned up with 17 points which is kind of a poor showing for him. Anyway, all that is beside the point. What I want to know is why there is so much turnover there? Everytime we develop a relationship with the bartender, they leave. Is it us? Do we smell? This phenomenon is dildoes.
4. I'm addicted to Viva Pinata, which is of course the real reason I haven't posted. I can't stop playing and Beard Boy gets all huffy because I'm hogging his 360. The 360, I have to admit, that I didn't want us to buy. In my defense, I still would like a wii.
5. We've seen some movies lately. Pan's Labyrinth? Awesome. When we exited the theater, I made the statement that that would be the best movie we saw all year. I still believe that. Curse of the Golden Flower? I thought it was pretty and liked it. Beard Boy thought it was boring. Sci Fi Short Film Festival? Totally fun with a huge range of budgets and ideas.
And that's it for now. I just looked up and saw the grey clouds coming in and decided I should head home...